Thursday 19 May 2016

Clarity challenge 39 - Anything Goes

I used my blending tools and Pesto, Lettuce and Espresso inks to make the background.  I then stamped randomly on the background with water using the script stamp from the Journalling set to add some texture.  I used the script stamp again and second generation of espresso to stamp again.
The bird stamp, which I love, is stamped with Versamark and then embossed in black.  I lifted some of the ink from the birds with a small brush and water although this does not show up too well.
To make the border strip I again used the script stamp.  This time using black Archival and brushing over lightly with Lettuce and Espresso.
Finishing touches are:  edging the border strip with a black fineliner, mounting the panel on black, stamping the sentiment, assembling the card.

11 comments:

  1. I love the magpies and I'm guessing you do too! Fab work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you have used this stamp. Good luck in the challenge and thank you for entering. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card fab background too.. good luck and thanks for entering x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card fab background too.. good luck and thanks for entering x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stamping; I like the tie-up between the script in the background on your main image and as a margin focal point. Best wishes in the Clarity challenge. ;~}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card and design .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you have done here I've not used this stamp for long time must get it back out again good luck in the clarity challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really like this stamp, its on my wish list. Love the way you have coordinated the border strip with the main image using the script stamp. Good luck in the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely design that beautifully ties in the main image and the background. Thanks for joining the Clarity challenge this month. Good luck! X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful composition Sue, I love the colours and the way you've off-set the main piece on your design. Has a kind of antique look to it - It's fab.
    Thank you for sharing it with us and entering this months' Challenge. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful Sue. My hubby adores Magpies, he would love this card. The script stamp is so good for backgrounds. Good Luck xx

    ReplyDelete