Monday 12 September 2016

Clarity Challenge - In the garden


First I stenciled the wall in the background.  I masked off the bottom area and brushed over lightly with espresso then used espresso again through the stencil. 
I then stamped the wrought iron bench and coloured in parts of it with a fineliner.
Using a variety of stamps I stamped the greenery along the bottom of the wall and the wrought iron tree.
For the lawn I brushed over with lettuce ink and used the end of a small stamp to create texture with 2nd and 3rd generation pesto ink.
The flowers in the foreground were stamped with pesto and coloured in using promarkers.  I wanted them to be fairly muted so didn't bleach out the lettuce ink but coloured straight over it.  I used some glamour dust and gems on the flowers to add extra texture.  The glitter looks a bit blobby in the photo but sparkles nicely in real life!

7 comments:

  1. Lots of different stamps combined here to make a very pretty garden scene. The stencil also make a great wall. Good luck in the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card you have made for this challenge. Good luck in the challenge and thank you for entering. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice garden card good luck in the clarity challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A brilliant idea to use the iron work bench against the stencilled wall - I wouldn't mind one of those seats in my garden! Best wishes in the Clarity Challenge. ;~}

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely use of stamps and stencils to create a peaceful spot in the garden Sue. Thanks for joining the challenge this month. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely garden scene. Looks very peaceful. Good Luck in the challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete